Information Communications Technician Apprentice NFS RESTAURANT TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

NFS RESTAURANT TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

Information Communications Technician Apprentice NFS RESTAURANT TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

£17000

NFS RESTAURANT TECHNOLOGY LIMITED, Widford, Hertfordshire

  • Full time
  • U
  • Onsite working
  • Apprenticeship programme

Posted 1 week ago, 15 May | Get your application in now before you miss out!

Closing date: Closing date not specified

job Ref: 1098d7ab87bb4860919c2ee64887ac3a

Full Job Description

  • As an EPOS Support Engineer (ICT Apprentice), you will play a crucial role in providing technical support and assistance to our clients regarding their Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) systems

  • You will work closely with experienced engineers and support staff to troubleshoot issues, deliver training, and ensure the smooth functioning of our clients' EPOS systems

  • Provide first-line technical support to clients via phone, email, or remote assistance tools, addressing inquiries and resolving issues related to EPOS systems promptly and effectively

  • Collaborate with the implementation team to assist in the setup, configuration, and testing of new EPOS installations for clients, ensuring seamless integration with their existing systems

  • Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues with EPOS systems, including peripherals, servers, and networking components

  • Assist in the deployment and testing of new hardware components and software updates for clients, ensuring compatibility and functionality

  • Deliver comprehensive training sessions to clients' staff members on the operation and maintenance of EPOS systems

  • Document client interactions, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions accurately in our ticketing system, maintaining detailed records for future reference

  • Collaborate with internal teams, including sales and development, to identify and address client needs, escalating issues as necessary for resolution

  • Stay abreast of industry trends and advancements in EPOS technology, continuously expanding your knowledge and skill set to better serve our clients, Solveway delivers training through live-stream training, classroom learning in our Stevenage-based academy and online courses

  • 80% of your working week will be spent with your employer and the remaining 20% will be spent working towards your apprenticeship qualification - either through online training, revision, self-study, etc. This is roughly 1 day a week

  • Training is once a week and takes place via our on-line Teams sessions

  • You will be working to gain the ICT Level 3 qualification (BCS)

    Do you love all things tech in the retail or hospitality industry? Would you like to join our team of talented Hardware Service Engineers? We are a global software company providing innovative booking system technology for the hospitality, workplace and venues industries., Able to drive and have a full UK driving licence

  • Have a great customer service attitude

  • Experience of supporting a diverse range of customers

  • Great communication skills, particularly experience of customer interaction

  • Previous retail or hospitality EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) experience is highly desirable

  • A commitment to being a terrific team player

  • A savvy tech mindset, energy, passion and a great attitude towards hard work, After successfully achieving the ICT Level 3 qualification, the candidate will be considered for extra training and/or the opportunity to progress to a more senior level with the firm and a career within tech, Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4+) Essential

  • GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4+) Essential

    NFS combine innovative hospitality and booking system technology with first-class customer service to deliver outstanding long-term value.

    You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
  • training

  • qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field

  • industry or sector experience