LOCATION: Wendover, Buckinghamshire
JOB TITLE: Part Time Branch Cashier
SALARY & BENEFITS: £5,148 per annum starting salary + excellent benefits (Saturdays are paid at an additional rate of £58.50 per Saturday worked)
WORKING HOURS: 12 hours per week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 11:45am - 2:45pm plus 2 in 4 Saturdays: 8.45am to 12.15pm
THE COMPANY: Our client is a sustainable and award-winning mutual society which provides mortgages, savings and investments nationally to approaching 25,000 members and customers through its Head Office and Branches across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire regions.
They now seek a Part Time Branch cashier to join their existing friendly team in Wendover. If you enjoy working as part of a small and quiet team and can work Saturday mornings as part of a set rota then our client would like to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities for the Part Time Branch Cashier role in Wendover, Buckinghamshire include:
- Cashiering - This will include account transactions, processing investment and some mortgage related cash and cheque transactions, checking and making up of passbooks, using a computer, preparation of cheques and customer credits for banking and daily post
- Promote the Society's wide range of services and offer great customer service both over the phone and face to face
- Deal promptly and efficiently with investment enquiries
- Act as sales and administrative support to the Office Manager, Branch Area Manager and Head of Operations
- Other general duties, including answering the telephone in a quick, efficient and polite manner, dealing with post, word processing/compiling letters and filing.
THE CANDIDATE: For the Part Time Cashier role and as a first point of contact you will need to be confident, friendly and numerate with a good all-round standard of education. You will enjoy working with members of the public and provide excellent customer service. A background in retail or financial services would be beneficial but is not essential. Full training on the job will be provided for the right candidate.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Part Time Branch Cashier role in Wendover, Buckinghamshire role:-
- Must have previous experience working within a customer service role
- Must have good numeracy skills and excellent communications both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and use of the internet is essential
- You must be available to work 2 in 4 Saturdays: 8.45am to 12.15pm.
- Although not essential any experience in retail banking or Financial Services background would be beneficial
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps