We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join our client, an independent Construction & Civil Engineering firm located close to Bury St Edmunds, not far from the Norfolk/Suffolk border.
Our client are a thriving business, established for well over 20 years who operate using robust systems and procedures, with the aim of implementing a zero tolerance approach towards unsafe acts. This stringent approach along with quality workmanship and service has singled our client out as one of the most reputable independent Civils firms in the region.
Providing full turnkey project services along with design, supply, installation, maintenance and commissioning services, our client have a wide customer base with projects ranging from £1k - £5 million. Projects are predominantly general civil and infrastructure related, road works, steel frames buildings, drainage and housing.
We are seeking a qualified QS who has some substantial experience behind them to join the expanding commercial team with a view to managing their own portfolio of clients. The successful candidate will be familiar with working to tight deadlines, at the same time maintaining an excellent level of service relating to client and supply chain relationships.
The primary duties will be as follows;
- The provision of commercial support for your own portfolio of projects
- Site measurement
- Preparation of periodic applications/invoices
- Monitoring & following up on payments made
- Ensuring full documents exist in order to support claims
- Working with Contracts Manager to ensure claims are complete
- Monitoring costs and value vs tender, reporting to the Financial Director on a monthly basis on costs and value to date
- Managing relationships with client side surveyors
Required skills & attributes;
- Relevant qualification in Surveying; minimum HND or foundation degree
- Prior experience of groundworks and civils infrastructure within a surveying role
- Confidence with IT, in particular with MS Office
- Strong communication skills
- A professional disposition
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
In return, our client offer a professional and friendly working environment within their stable business with genuine opportunities for professional development and future progression. A competitive salary is available, which is in line with market rates and also performance related bonuses, company vehicle (or car allowance) along with mobile and laptop.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please apply through our website or alternatively email Kate Dyer with an up-to-date copy of your CV on email@example.com
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please dont hesitate to get in touch with us on 01379 898474.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!