Prototype Technicians Royston
Our Emission Control Technologies (ECT) Division supply one third of all catalysts fitted to cars around the world and is a leading producer of catalysts for trucks and buses too. We use our scientific know-how to create innovative products that play a crucial part in reducing harmful emissions and improving air quality, helping our customers meet legislative requirements globally. As a supplier of one third of catalysts into the automotive industry around the world, we are playing our part in creating a future for tomorrow.
Prototypes are the primary way in which we demonstrate our latest catalyst formulations and innovations to both new and existing customers. This is an exciting area to work in where you gain an insight into new products. Due to growth and expansion within the department, we have a number of short-term opportunities for Technicians. We are looking for people to join for 12 months working across early (06:00-14:15) and/or late shifts (12:00-20:15). We have roles available within our Manufacturing, Despatch and Warehouse Teams.
Our Manufacturing Technician work within our fast paced factory environment producing catalysts whilst ensuring customer specifications are met using a variety of applications and processes. You will be responsible for routinely preparing the coating, dosing the substrates and/or the calcination process for each prototype order. You will check order schedules, prepare coating recipes, follow operating procedures and complete relevant tests to ensure specifications are met.
As a Despatch Technician you will join our small QC & Logistics team and be responsible for dispatching catalysts to appropriate customer specifications in an effective and efficient manner ensuring routine Quality standards are met. Your responsibilities will include quality inspection checks on sample parts, ensuring customer specifications are met and submitting sample parts to the laboratory for testing as well as arranging shipment of materials.
As a Warehouse Technician you will also join our small Warehouse team and be responsible for effective delivery and storage of all prototype substrate orders. Your responsibilities will include taking receipt of substrates and logging them into the system and following the scheduling process to ensure delivery of substrates to the Samples Manufacturing areas to meet production deadlines.
* Following standard operating procedures (SOP's) throughout the process.
* Utilising work instructions to comply with Health and Safety legislation, COSHH regulations and quality systems including working with Lean principles.
* Escalating issues and receive input and guidance from the line managers or chemists.
* Working as part of a team and support each other with completing process steps.
* Updating records and inputting process data onto systems.
Are you the ideal candidate? You will have:
* High attention to detail and accuracy with good verbal and numerical skills.
* A highly organised approach, enabling you to plan and prioritise your own workload.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
* Experience within a similar role and working environment is desirable but not essential.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team and would like to apply online, please click here.
For further information please contact the Recruitment Team via email - RoystonECTRecruitment@matthey.com.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual
orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 4th May 2017
RoystonECTRecruitment@Matthey.com and www.matthey.com/careers