Payroll Officer / HR Assistant
The King Alfred School is seeking a Payroll Officer/HR Assistant to work full-time within the Bursary Department. This is a Full Time role, although there is potential to put flexible working arrangements in place, including reduced hours during the school holidays.
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent communication skills, a team-oriented approach and previous experience of running a payroll system for a medium sized organisation. Previous experience providing HR administrative support is desirable but not essential.
It is expected that roughly 40% of this role will be spent running the Payroll of the school, with the remaining 60% of time spent providing HR/Team administrative support. The key duties of this role will include:
- Working autonomously to run the Payroll & Pensions process, from start to finish
- Maintaining and updating the Payroll and Pension ledgers with details of joiners and leavers
- Maintaining salary and pension records, preparing information for management accounts and for the annual audit, and preparing annual returns for the schools pensions schemes
- Keeping staff informed about payroll, pension and tax matters including responding to individual enquiries
- Working with the HR Officer to maintain the Single Central Register database, administer recruitment procedures and respond to general HR queries
In addition to the opportunity to work in a friendly, professional, supportive team in a wonderful setting, the person in this role will have access to many benefits including:
- Potential for flexible working arrangements during school holidays if required
- 6.8 weeks of annual leave
- Salary between £27,310 & £29,263 (pro-rata depending upon whether a flexible working arrangement is entered in to)
Closing date for applications: 28th April 2017
Interviews to be held: from 4th of May 2017
Please click the red apply button to download the application pack.
For further details about this role please contact Natalie Williamson, HR Officer.
Tel: 020 8457 5228 Email: email@example.com
Postal Address: North End Road, NW11 7HY
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.