We are currently seeking a versatile and suitably-qualified Assistant Accountant to join a small Finance team within our clients well-established manufacturing business in Mildenhall, Suffolk. This is a permanent role and comes with a great work/life balance as the hours of work are 9am 5pm Monday to Thursday.
Our client are very well established and are an international chemical contract manufacturer, who have long-term relationships with many international blue-chip companies. Employing under fifty staff at their Mildenhall site and headquarters, they have a friendly feel and are a very professional yet down to earth team. Working in a small team of three and reporting to the Management Accountant, this is an important role within the companys Finance function and will provide the successful candidate with a stable, enjoyable role with opportunity for some longer-term career progression.
We are seeking an AAT-qualified professional (Level 3 or 4 would be sufficient), to provide support to the Management Accountant in a variety of tasks whilst working closely with the two part-time Assistants in the team. The role would suit somebody who has prior experience of working in a small team and understands the need to be flexible and adaptable in your approach and workload.
Primary duties will involve:
- Assisting with monthly financial close; preparation of general ledger journal entries to record accounting transactions including prepayments and accruals. Monitoring Ledger close of Accounts Payable, Receivable and Cash Book.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial documents, account analysis, and carry out monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accurate maintenance of fixed asset registers including, recording additions / disposals, depreciation entries and reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Overview of Preparation of VAT returns, Instrastat and EC Sales lists
- Assist in Preparation for annual budget
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls and procedures
- Performing the bank reconciliation
- Supervising the purchase ledger
- All aspects of assisting with the credit control function and corresponding with customers
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting as needed
- Tracking departmental spend and analysing variances as required
- Assisting with preparation of the year end accounts as require
- Supporting the Management Accountant with ad-hoc requests as necessary
Our client require a friendly, dynamic and confident individual with prior experience in a similar role, also within a small team setting. Experience of the manufacturing industry is ideal however not necessarily essential in order to be considered for the role.
Other skills and attributes required are as follows:
- Good standard of Financial qualifications/accreditations; AAT qualified or AAT Level 3 or 4
- Strong level of competency with MS Excel
- A hands on approach with the ability to effectively prioritise your workload and work to deadlines, sometimes under some pressure
- Excellent understanding of Financial Reporting Standards; the desire to keep an up to date knowledge of these
- An eagerness to continue with your own CPD, open to learning and being trained in new areas
- Excellent communication skills; an open and friendly approach and professional demeanour
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified professional to join a very stable and established firm who can offer genuine career longevity and development. Our client take real pride in knowing their employees and having a very harmonious and collaborative working environment, so are hoping to appoint a candidate who will wish to stay and progress within a SME. As well as a competitive salary, our client also only work a four day working week meaning the luxury of 3 day weekends too!
To be considered for this brilliant opportunity, please apply through our website or alternatively email Kate Dyer with an up-to-date copy of your CV on email@example.com
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please dont hesitate to get in touch with us on 01379 898474.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!