Apprentice Teaching Assistant
Notre Dame Prep School
147 Dereham Road
Will work as an Apprentice Teaching Assistant and will support teachers and children in KS1/KS2.
Your main tasks and duties will include:
- To support teachers in the classroom and during other extra-curricular activities as requested
- To assist in the setting up and clearing away of all activities and equipment.
- To actively encourage childrens progress in all areas of development within a classroom environment
- To be involved in activity planning and record keeping
- To attend training as requested.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times.
- To support the work and beliefs of the school by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults.
- To ensure that any information received concerning the children is kept confidential at all times.
- To encourage the participation and involvement of all children attending the school.
- To be flexible with working practices
- To support less-able children in the classroom
Hours of work - 32.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.00pm with a 60 minute unpaid lunch break (Term Time only with opportunities in school holidays)
Qualifications & Skills required - Good basic literacy and numeracy skills. Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are essential.
Training via City College Norwich leading to the Level 2 certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning, Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at Level 1 unless exempt, Employment rights and responsibilities to be achieved over an 18 month period.
Apply via the web link to the college on line application pages. Close date for applications 1st March.