Apprentice General Assistant
Sea Life Centre
Duties to include:
Some aspects of the preparation, cooking and presentation of food for our restaurant/cafe during breakfast and lunch service.
- Assist in the smooth running of the restaurant/café serving beverages and food, keeping the work areas clean and tidy.
- Greet customers and deal with customer enquiries.
- Maintain hygiene standards and undertake workplace cleaning routines.
- Perform front of house tasks.
- Deliver excellent customer service in line with company standards.
Hours of work - 35hrs per week, Monday - Sunday varying shifts.
Qualifications & Skills required - A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D or above (or the equivalent) to include English and Maths. As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required. Should have a keen interest in working in the hospitality and catering industry and be able to work as part of a team.
Training via Gt Yarmouth College leading to City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services (QCF).
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Hospitality Services).
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in English and Maths.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Health and Safety.
To apply - email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com stating the job title and name of employer. Please state in your application:
What sparks your interest in the hospitality industry and why do you want to work in it?
How do you plan to travel to work and what is the distance to travel?
Close date for applications 27 March.