LOCATION: Sowton, Exeter
JOB TITLE: Skills Officer - Electrical
SALARY & BENEFITS: £21,534 - £25,165 per annum + market pay supplement
WORKING HOURS: Maternity cover (up to 1 year) Monday - Friday 37 hours per week
THE COMPANY: Our client is a large, thriving and growing tertiary college which places teaching, learning and student success as our top priority. We enjoy an excellent regional reputation. The College was judged as outstanding by Ofsted in a pilot "no notice" inspection in 2012, and again in a public inspection in 2014. We have high expectations of our students and staff and each year their combined efforts result in excellent examination grades, outstanding learner success rates and superb music, arts, sports and community achievements. We welcome apprentices and students of all ages and abilities and our tutorial and learner support programmes are designed to meet their needs, challenging them to reach their full potential.
THE ROLE: As an Electrical Skills Officer you will be responsible for reviewing, assessing, tutoring and the training of a caseload of work based learners. You will track progression and co-ordinate the framework / learning plan to ensure learners achieve on/before time.
Key Responsibilities of a Skills Officer - Electrical to include:-
- Recruit to an agreed target to ensure performance/contract targets are met
- Carry out activation and enrolment of learners
- Ensure relevant learner data is collected and passed to MIS in line with LSC / College engagement procedures using new technologies
- Act as a mentor to learners
- Ensure employer fully understands the training programme and their role and responsibilities
- Undertake progress reviews with learners and employers as per the review schedule
- Provide specialist advice to learners and organisations regarding vocational and work based qualifications, delivery and progression options
- Actively promote the work of the team through participation in open evenings, recruitment and trade events, conferences and other marketing events
- Carry out learner assessment in the workplace
- Track and monitor learners throughout the qualification
- Support the course leader in monitoring progress of team towards targets
The successful candidate will need to have good communication skills at all levels and have the enthusiasm and drive to train students to the highest standards. It is desirable that the successful candidate has previously been involved in developing training solutions or holds a relevant teaching qualification; however this is not essential as we can help you get into teaching, with personalised support and a teacher training qualification. Key experience essential for the Skills Officer - Electrical role:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience working within the Electrical industry
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Holds a recognised vocational qualification at level 3 or above in Electrical
- GCSE Maths and English grade C and above
- Lives within a commutable distance to Sowton, Exeter
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.