LOCATION: Sowton, Exeter
JOB TITLE: Lecturer in Brickwork or Carpentry
SALARY & BENEFITS: £23,584 - £25,165 per annum + market pay supplement
WORKING HOURS: Monday - Friday 37 hours per week
THE COMPANY: Our client is a large, thriving and growing tertiary college which places teaching, learning and student success as our top priority. We enjoy an excellent regional reputation. The College was judged as outstanding by Ofsted in a pilot "no notice" inspection in 2012, and again in a public inspection in 2014. We have high expectations of our students and staff and each year their combined efforts result in excellent examination grades, outstanding learner success rates and superb music, arts, sports and community achievements. We welcome apprentices and students of all ages and abilities and our tutorial and learner support programmes are designed to meet their needs, challenging them to reach their full potential.
THE ROLE: As a Lecturer in Brickwork and Carpentry you will be providing an outstanding learner experience through teaching, training, reviewing and assessing learners, enabling timely achievement.
Key Responsibilities of a Lecturer in Brickwork and Carpentry to include:-
- Participate in the interviewing, enrolment/activation and induction of learners
- Provide teaching and learning whether in a classroom, a workshop or other work environment
- Prepare schemes of work, lesson and assessment plans
- Provide ongoing assessment and feedback to learners by setting and marking work both relevant and appropriate to the course, including in the workplace where required
- Ensure resource material and teaching reflect best practice, contributing to the quality of provision as measured by retention, attendance, success rates, grades and value added
- Contribute to the maintenance of an effective, efficient and professional learning environment
- Set and monitor Personal Targets and eILPs according to Faculty and College Policy
- To track the progression of learners, including work place reviews, to ensure timely achievement
The successful candidate will have good communication skills and have the ability to inspire young people and adults. You will also need to have excellent time management skills and have a passion for teaching. Ideally you will hold a relevant teaching qualification and verifiers award however this is not essential and you will have the opportunity to achieve this is you are successful. Key experience essential for the Lecturer in Brickwork and Carpentry role:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience working within either the Brick or Carpentry industry
- Experience teaching or training young people or adults in the workplace
- Holds a recognised vocational qualification at level 3 or above in Brickwork and/or Carpentry
- GCSE Maths and English grade C and above
- Lives within a commutable distance to Sowton, Exeter
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.