AAT Trainee Accountant (Apprenticeship)
Lovewell Blake LLP
Bankside 300, Peachman Way
Broadland Business Park
As a trainee accountant you will follow formal training for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification alongside on the job training. You will get started on real client work, such as accounts preparation, as soon as you have settled in. Your role will be primarily task focused, with regular reviews by more senior staff throughout assignments. The AAT is a recognised apprenticeship framework therefore; this job mirrors an accountancy apprenticeship but with enhanced pay and benefits.
As an AAT trainee accountant you will:
• Assist in the carrying out of more routine tasks concerning the professional work within a group to which assigned
• Carry out tasks to required deadlines ensuring they are accurate and neat and meet required standards
• Undertake study as agreed for role
• Undertake secondments to other departments/offices as required
• Dealing with basic client queries and requests for information
• Build constructive relationships with other team members
• Keep an accurate and effective record of own time
• Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
• Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm and cross sell these services when opportunities arise
NOTE: The AAT trainee accountant positions will start in the summer of 2017.
Hours of work - to be confirmed
Qualifications & Skills required - Minimum entry requirements are
- 3x A levels or equivalent at grade B or above - either already held or predicted at this grade;
- 5x GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English language
with an interest in figure work. You need to have a good level of verbal and written communication skills, in order to communicate with colleagues and partners and start to communicate with clients regarding basic information / queries. You will have an awareness of the services provided by the firm, learn new things quickly and be eager to learn.
Training via a local Training provider leading to an AAT qualification.
TO APPLY - you MUST complete an application form available from the web link or www.lovewell-blake.co.uk/vacancies/AAT-Trainee-Accountant. by the close date 12 January 2017
More information about Lovewell Blake LLP can be found at www.lovewell-blake.co.uk/careers