GPS PE Pipe Systems specialise in polyethylene pipe systems for gas and water transportation in the utilities and industrial markets.
Attractive salary + pension scheme + childcare vouchers + lifestyle scheme offering discounted products and services
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all the activities relating to the Huntingdon yard are controlled safely, effectively and efficiently. This includes goods-in, consumable storage, stock control, loading of vehicles, maintaining high levels of housekeeping and the development and leadership of the yard team. Reporting to the Fabrications and Logistics Manager
Key responsibilities are:
• Controlling and improving health and safety in the yard
• Organising tanker deliveries
• Ensuring the goods-in process is controlled effectively
• Managing stock control and stock rotation
• Ensuring that all products leaving the pipe factory are correctly packed and labelled
• Motivating and developing the yard team to ensure that a high level of flexibility and output is achieved
• Maintaining excellent housekeeping levels
• Controlling the storage of external consumable goods, ensuring that weekly Kanban counts are maintained and communicated to the relevant personnel.
With good communication skills, both written and verbal, the ideal candidate will able to demonstrate:
• Previous supervisory experience
• Excellent organisational skills
• Stock control experience
• Flexibility to lead a team whilst working as part of the team
• Fork lift truck driving skills, ideally including Sideloader (training will be given)
• Good IT skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Please CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW
or post to:
Administration Department, GPS PE Pipe Systems, St. Peters Road, Huntingdon, Cambs. Cambs