Horizon Search & Selection are pleased to be working with the UKs leading experts in galvanizing processes and are the largest hot dip galvanizing organisation with 14 plants across the UK, meaning that they are able to offer a national service. Having recently moved into a new multi-million pound plant, their continuing investment in new technology and equipment, together with their customer focus and care means that they are highly successful within the industry.
Responsible to the site General Manager, candidates will be responsible and accountable for the maintenance and repair of plant and equipment.
- Planned maintenance activities whilst causing minimal disruption to production
- Diagnostic skills with electronic/electrical issues
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Infrastructure maintenance experience
- Data entry onto the sites own systems
- Controlling and eliminating breakdowns
- Involvement in improvement projects
The successful candidate will be able to/have:
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in electrical and mechanical maintenance
- An electrical bias (City & Guilds 2365 and 17th Edition) is ideal
- Working knowledge of variable speed drives (VSDs) and modern control systems
- Experience within the hot dip galvanising industry (preferred)
- Experience in working with overhead and inverter driven cranes
As part of the role, you will also line manage 1 other member of staff as well as control and manage the health and safety of all contractors coming on to and working on site.
Due to the nature of the business, there is a 24 hour call out rota which is shared between employees and overtime will be expected for certain maintenance and repair projects.
This role is very well suited to someone who is an enthusiastic and hands-on engineer, who is keen to develop skills within a maintenance engineering environment. Our client are firm believers in employee progression and have a collective ambition within the company for success. It truly is a really exciting time to join them. A competitive salary and attractive benefits package are on offer.
To be considered for this position, please apply through our website or alternatively email Suzanne Mildinhall with an up-to-date copy of your CV
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please dont hesitate to get in touch with us
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!