Horizon Search & Selection are currently working on a brilliant vacancy for our successful client in Diss who are seeking a Senior Production Supervisor. This well-established company Design, Manufacture and Install both innovative and market leading Glazed Roof Light Products for the building services industry. The role presents an excellent opportunity to join a thriving business at a very exciting time of growth.
The purpose of this role is to supervise the production staff within your team in the manufacture and assembly of glazed, roof lights to company schedules and general arrangement drawings as necessary.
Reporting to the Production manager the duties and responsibilities for this role include the following;
- Ensure that products are manufactured to the correct specification and appropriate quality standards in order to meet despatch requirements
- Monitor and report progress on products within the manufacturing process
- Update and maintain the production schedule and plan labour resources accordingly
- Ensure all training records are updated and plan training programmes to ensure adequate cover for production capacity
- Take ownership for the Safety and Welfare of all production staff. Report Health and Safety near misses and accidents and undertake Hazard Surveys making recommendations for improvements as required
- Ensure risk assessments are up to date and signed off by production staff. Also that controls identified by the risk assessments (such as adequate PPE) are in place and adhered to
- Continuously seek to improve the manufacturing process including increasing productivity and reducing waste
- Adopt a zero tolerance approach to poor standards of housekeeping ensuring at all times the highest standards of cleanliness and tidiness are adhered to
- Work closely with HR regarding the necessary administrative processes for the production team. This will include attendance, holiday allocation and absence controls
- Deputise for the Production Manager as required, this includes coordinating manufacturing activities on a daily basis
In order to fulfil the requirements of this important role, we are seeking a candidate with the following
skills and attributes:
- Previous demonstrable experience within a manufacturing environment at a supervisory level
- Some previous career history within a hands-on manufacturing role
- ILM or NEBs or similar supervisory/management qualification Familiarity with Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel
- Some knowledge of Lean and 5S Methodologies would be highly desirable
- Previous experience within Glazing/Window manufacture would also be advantageous
With this role a competitive salary and benefits package is offered and a chance to join a great team. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter today!
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please dont hesitate to get in touch with us on 01379 898474.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!