A Manufacturing Manager is required to join our prestigious client, an innovative and well-established international manufacturing firm at their headquarters in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Our client have been trading for well over 100 years and have enjoyed impressive and substantial growth during this period, meaning they are now a globally-recognised market leader within their industry. With over 3000 products being manufactured and exported to over 90 countries worldwide, the efficiency of the manufacturing process is of enormous importance, and our clients team of which Engineers and Production Staff play a crucial role in the success of this function.
The dual purpose of the Manufacturing Manager is to take full responsibility for all Site Manufacturing team and ensure that compliance in quality, laws, regulations and company policies are upheld at all times. Working closely with the Director of Operations you will report on departmental KPI performance as well as challenges faced and success achieved by the team. Secondly, a strong and experienced People Manager is required who is able to engage with staff and lead from the front.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Play a leading role in the control of costs within the Production Department, paying particular attention to equipment maintenance and repair, special projects and managing labour costs including absence and overtime
- Preparation of CAPEX budget for all area of manufacture
- Maximise efficiencies and production capacity taking into account all resources (Personnel, Storage and Equipment)
- Take the lead in enforcing efficient and compliant housekeeping procedures, ensuring they comply with BRC regulations. Also to be the main operational point of contact for customer audits and visits
- Monitor physical stock levels materials and packaging making sure they are accurately stored and maintained. Making sure that levels of slow moving finished products are also observed
- Lead a right first time policy to help ensure all orders are satisfied on-time and within quality specifications
- Highlight any delays within manufacturing to the relevant departments to ensure excellent customer service is upheld
- Liaise with the Engineering team on all maintenance issues and planned works within the Manufacturing Department to ensure that downtime is kept to a minimum and that costs are fully controlled
- Co-ordinate all departmental SOPs and General Procedures to ensure they are up to date and fit for purpose at all times. Provide content as required for Company Procedures within Quality, Environmental and H&S
- Provide internal training opportunities to all manufacturing staff to ensure full competency at all times to include the meeting of safety standards
- Work with the HR department to develop and support the creation of a high performing team
- Formulate and lead a CI programme to improve and optimise manufacturing operations
- Support the phased transition of manufacturing to a new site, to include upskilling and training for the effective commissioning of new equipment
- Collaborate with the Technical Department to improve existing manufactured products and strive to introduce new technologies, innovations and practices within all areas
- Contribute fully to the wider Operations Team
- Preforming 1-1 reviews with staff, providing recognition and constructive feedback
- Supporting all team leaders in particular with staffing issues
- Encourage team working and contribute to increasing morale through involvement, training and recognition
- Identify future talent, working closely with HR to create development plans and opportunities for progression
- Provide Leadership support and guidance to the Factory Manager at the site in Kenya, visiting on an intermittent basis in order to ensure compliance and quality of the services
There will also be a huge emphasis on the adherence to H,S & E issues which will include providing emergency incident support as the main COMAH site controller. This will include during working times and also for out of hours emergencies. Coordination of Food Hygiene, HACCP and Quality will also form an important part of this role as will mindfulness towards COSHH, risk assessments, HAZOP and General Process Safety.
The role of Manufacturing Manager is a very important one within the company. The skills and attributes we are seeking in candidates are:
- Previous demonstrable experience within a role at a similar level
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to gain respect quickly from a wide team
- Ideally from an Engineering or Technical background with some knowledge of liquid handling (Food, Drink or Chemical)
- Computer Literate
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to lead cultural change and transition
- Familiarity of working within a highly regulated environment would be highly advantageous
- Some capital projects experience
- A proven team player
Our client are offering a highly competitive basic annual salary as well as a fantastic contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, free shares, and an excellent bonus scheme too. To be considered for this position, please apply through our website or alternatively email Kate Dyer with an up-to-date copy of your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please dont hesitate to get in touch with us on 01379 898474.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!