Established in 1843, Rothamsted Research is one of the UK's leading Research
Institutes delivering world-class agricultural science.
Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship
Location: Harpenden. Hertfordshire
Rothamsted Research, the largest agricultural research centre in the UK, Is seeking a laboratory Technician to join the Insecticide Resistance group within the Biological Chemistry and Crop Protection Department. As an apprentice laboratory Technician you will be expected to support the groups' scientists and help carry out scientific tests, research and investigations.
Your main duties are likely to include:
• setting up experiments (Including insect rearing)
• collecting and analysing samples (Including occasional fieldwork)
• preparing solutions, cultures or specimens
• recording and presenting data
• ordering and controlling stock
• helping carrying out risk assessments for lab activities
• disposing of chemicals and waste products in a safe way
• making sure that equipment is clean and in good working order
• keeping the laboratories clean and tidy
You will receive regular on-the-job training to help you keep up to date
with new techniques and equipment and work as part of a team.
Closing date: 15/05/2016
Vacancy Type: Advanced Level 3
Apprenticeship framework Laboratory Technician
To apply please contact our Learning Provider:
Oaklands College, Hatfield Road, Smallford, St Albans AL4 OJA
Name of contact: Hazel Rogers 01727737339- www.oaklands.ac.uk