We currently have a position for a Buyer with an impressive and progressing UK-based technical manufacturing firm at their site in Huntingdon. Our client are world leaders in the research, design and manufacture of industrial inkjet print heads which are sold globally into a variety of markets.
As Buyer, you will be the central reference point for issues relating to the sourcing and management of production components, as such, this is a key role within the Purchasing Team to ensure that the most appropriate suppliers are identified, meeting very specific requirements whilst also being excellent value for money in the goods and services they provide.
Reporting to the Head of Materials the key accountabilities of the role are as follows:
- Supplier Management is a main priority of this role. Suppliers must be managed to view the company as a key customer for whom nothing is too much trouble
- In appropriate circumstances, work with Suppliers to hold buffer stocks of critical consumables and/or to have procedures in place to be reactive to increases or decreases in demand which do not impact upon costs to the company
- In liaison with Head of Materials Management and SQE department, facilitate new product implementation (NPI) by identifying appropriate suppliers, consumables and materials and managing the processes
- Working alongside the SQ department, identify opportunities for cost savings in expenditure by either resourcing, or the introduction of competition and negotiation with existing products
- Meeting cost saving targets
- To establish T&Cs with all suppliers and ensure favourable supply and payment terms
- Liaising with Purchase Ledger and Materials Planning to resolve any issues with invoices/ POs, particularly to ensure timely and appropriate payment of valid supplier invoices
- Development and maintenance of systems and procedures for purchasing activities
- Wherever possible, rationalise the supplier base to optimise the number of purchase orders placed and suppliers used
Candidates will be working closely alongside the Head of Materials, SQ Department, Materials Planner Process Engineering and the Finance Department and you will be expected to have the following skills and attributes:
- Highly self-motivated, confident & driven
- Computer literate across a range of programmes
- Planning and organisational skills
- Highly numerate
- Persuasive with the ability to negotiate favourable trading terms
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Collaborative approach and willingness to work flexibly to support other team members when required
- Ability to form and lead working groups as and when required
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
Qualifications & experience required:
- Ideally CIPS Qualified (or already working towards CIPS diploma)
- Significant buying experience in goods and services within a manufacturing or engineering environment and ideally within the high-tech electronics industry
- Experience of MRP systems
- An understanding of EOQs and EBQs and other parameters affecting the efficiency of purchasing
- Proven negotiation skills
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please email Gemma Turp with an up-to-date copy of your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please dont hesitate to get in touch with us on 01379 898474.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!