Business Administration Apprentice
South Norfolk Council
Chief Executive's Directorate
South Norfolk House
An 18 month Apprenticeship contract.
Will be required to provide a comprehensive range of administrative services that focus on delivering a consistently high level of customer service to the Chief Executive and the Chief Executive's directorate; including the Elections and Communities teams.
Manage incoming communications (telephone and correspondence) for the Directorate, prioritising, distributing and initiating actions for response as appropriate.
Monitor, progress and chase responses to queries and complaints as requested.
Maintain and develop Directorate administrative systems including the complaints procedure, electronic filing, office supplies.
- Organise travel, accommodation and associated arrangements in relation to attendance at business events as directed.
- Assist with the smooth running of meetings, by welcoming visitors, offering refreshments, providing papers, assisting with the timely production and distribution of agendas and supporting papers.
- Assist the Communities Team to organise community events as directed and attend when required.
- Provide administrative support to teams within the Directorate as required, including supporting the Elections Team and the Communications Team.
- Assist with the preparation of civic events for the Chairman of the Council.
The wage will be in line with the Living Wage
Hours of work - 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Qualifications & Skills required - Five GCSEs A C including maths, English (or equivalent). Need to have good IT skills with a knowledge of a range of computer packages e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel etc, have excellent communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
Training via Easton & Otley College leading to a level 2 Business Administration award.
Apply via the web link to the South Norfolk Council jobs page where you have to apply online. Vacancy reference VAC0125/15-16. Close date for application 2 April, with interviews 13 April. For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Tracy Brady on 01508 533784