Salary: £15,941 to £19,742 (career graded)
North Norfolk District Council are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated people to join our busy working environment.
Working within the Benefits Service your role will be to accurately process applications and changes in Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Reduction Scheme, in accordance with statutory regulations, local policies, operational procedures and performance standards.
You will also be required to deal with customer enquiries using the appropriate means in a polite and efficient manner, ensuring all necessary information is gathered from the customer and any other available source in order to resolve customer enquiries or process claims.
Previous experience would be an advantage but full training will be provided, however you will need:
• Experience of working within a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Excellent communication and customer skills.
• Ability to recognise error and irregularity.
• Ability to accurately input information into computer systems.
• Experience of accurately maintaining and interpreting personal and financial information.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory Baseline Personnel Security (BPSS) check, which includes a verification of unspent criminal records
A job description and application form is available at www.northnorfolk.org/jobs/
Interview Date: 5th & 6th April 2016