Apprentice Nursery Assistant (Level 3)
Great Yarmouth College Day Nursery
Will assist the Nursery Manager and Deputy in creating a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment, conducive to physical, social and emotional development of the children in the Nursery, whilst completing the Early Years Educator Apprenticeship.
As an Apprentice you will need to:
- Ensure at all times the safety, security, physical and emotional welfare of the children in the nursery, bringing to the attention of the Room Supervisor / Nursery Manager anything about a child which gives you cause for concern
- Work with the Early Years Foundation Stage and be aware of health and safety codes of practice
- Respect confidentiality within the nursery and ensure that the children are happy and are engaged and functioning at their age-related developmental level without undue noise, squabbling or minor injuries
- Create an atmosphere that will promote enthusiasm for learning and mastering skills in an environment that is pleasing to the eye and appealing to children and assist in the day to day organisation of the playroom /baby room
- Include cover as and when necessary for one another in any part of the nursery in order to maintain a smooth running of the nursery and the best care to children and clean play areas and communal areas, rest areas, bathrooms, toys and equipment, ensuring that damaged toys and equipment are removed and notified to the Nursery Manager.
This position requires some outdoor work, with play in the garden.
Hours of work - 37hrs per week, Monday to Friday, times of working to be confirmed
Qualifications & Skills required - A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C or above (or the equivalent) to include English and Maths and a Level 2 Childcare qualification.As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required. will need to be physically fit as the job demands a lot of standing and physical activity. Need to have good knowledge of the Early Years stage and good communication skills and interaction with children
Training via Gt Yarmouth College leading to NCFE CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) Level 3.
Pearson Edexcel Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social C are or Children and Young People's Settings Level 2.
Functional skills in Maths & English Level 2.
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills Level 2.
over an 18 month period.
To apply - email a CV and covering letter, stating the job title and name of employer to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your application:
- What experience do you have working with young children?
- How do you plan to travel to work and what is the distance to travel?
Close date for applications 2 April.