Apprentice Care Assistant
Saint Davids Residential Home
36-38 Nelson Road South,
Working as part of a team in supporting elderly residents with their daily needs.
General duties will include:
- Washing and dressing residents and assisting with hearing aids, brushing hair, etc;
- Domestic duties, making beds, washing-up, serving drinks etc;
- Assisting with activities
- Reading and recording information/facts into care plans
- Communicate verbally and written with other health workers/services/families
- Supporting residents with their decision making
- Maintain confidentiality and follow the Data Protection Act
Note that the job demands a lot of standing, climbing stairs and walking throughout every shift.
Hours of work - 30hrs per week, varying shifts covering 7 days per week.
Qualifications & Skills required - A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D or above (or the equivalent) to include English and Maths. As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required. Need to have good communication and listening skills.
Training via Gt Yarmouth College leading to Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care over an 18 month period.
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
City & Guilds:
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths
- Edexcel Award in Employer Rights in Health, Social Care Children & Young Peoples Services
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Other topics such as: Health and safety, Safeguarding, hand hygiene, infection control, COSHH, manual handling will be included within the induction.
To apply - email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly the job title and name of employer. Please state in your application:
How do you plan to travel to work and what is the distance to travel?
Why would you like to work at St Davids?
Close date for applications 26 March.