Job Title: Customer Service Executive
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Position: Full time
Salary: £17.5k base - up to £20k OTE
This company is a UK-based developer and manufacturer of LED and solar powered lighting systems. The company designs, develops and manufactures intelligent, robust and reliable engineered products suited to a wide range of applications. From LED solutions that lower energy bills and carbon emissions for customers across the world, including custom luminaires for street lighting, amenity lighting, signage and LED commercial lighting solutions; to the design and manufacture of complete solar lighting solutions.
Purpose of the Job:
In order to strengthen and expand their existing team has a requirement for an internally based Customer Service Executive to provide support to the Account Management team and to give telephone sales support to in bound customer sales and technical enquiries.
As a part of the Customer Service team you will be required to carry out a variety of duties involved in the sales process in a busy office environment, so previous experience in a commercial environment and good administrative skills are essential. Understanding of a Sales Order Processing system and Microsoft packages will be required. An advantage, but not essential, would be experience in an Electrical or Lighting business.
You are likely to live in Bicester or surrounding area in order to commute, Buckingham, Oxford, Banbury, Milton Keynes etc for example
Duties would include:
- Dealing with UK and International customer orders and technical enquiries over the telephone and email.
- Ensure that all sales and purchase orders are complete and accurate before entry onto the system
- To progress any outstanding customer orders through production.
- To check and tie up confirmation orders and advise customers of any discrepancies
- Occasionally visiting Customers alone and with the Account Management team.
- Source and price non-stocked items to satisfy customer requirements
- To assist in Telesales / Pro-active telephone sales activities
- Cross referencing and switch selling of products to maximise profitability
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, R&D and other departments to fulfil customer bespoke enquiries.
- General office administration duties.
- Operate in accordance with Quality Assurance and Health & Safety directives
Qualifications / education required:
- Degree or equivalent ideally in Engineering (but not essential).
- Preferably, to have worked in an Electrical or Lighting business
- Specialist training required:
- Relevant product and technical training will be given to the successful candidate.
Any particular aptitude / skill required:
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Good keyboard skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.