Apprentice Care Assistant Enhanced Surgical Recovery
Dilham and Edgefield Wards, Surgery
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
A 12 month Fixed Term Apprenticeship Contract
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Practitioner, you will work with all members of the multidisciplinary team and contribute to the provision of the highest standards of patient care. You will work predominantly on the Ward and learn how busy multidisciplinary teams work, as well as assisting with the physiotherapy management of patients. You will be taught NHS systems and administrative skills to contribute to the running of the service.
Tasks may include:
- Promoting and encouraging independence and restoration of function.
- Assisting qualified physiotherapists with patient care and rehabilitation
- Assisting patients with functional activities of daily living e.g. walking, dressing, undressing, toileting.
- Supervising simple exercise programmes.
- Assisting in moving and handling of patients in line with Trust policies.
- Assisting with holistic patient care, e.g. bed making, patient comfort, nutrition/hydration.
Hours of work - 37.5 hours per week. Note that you will be expected to work shifts including weekends and Bank Holidays. (You will not be required to work any night shifts).
Qualifications & Skills required - 4x GCSEs at grade D or above. Any previous experience of supporting / caring for people with illness, injury or physical disability in a formal (work related) or informal (home/social related) capacity would be useful. Need to be able to work as part of a team.
Training via a local training provider leading to a Level 2 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support to be gained within the 12 month duration of the placement.
Apply via the web link to the NNUH jobs pages - you will need to register prior to making a full on line application (Job ref:234-16-S1216-A). Close date for applications 15 January.