Horizon Search & Selection are currently seeking an experienced and passionate 3D Draughtsperson to join our client at their impressive Ipswich showroom in a part-time capacity. They are looking for someone who would be able to work 3 days a week, ideally a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, typically from 9:00 to 5, although they are happy to negotiate both days and hours. They would also be willing to consider alternative working patterns and arrangements for the right person. This is a truly fantastic opportunity to join a brilliant team!
The company, who design and manufacture high-end bespoke kitchens and furniture, have grown from a relatively small cabinet making firm into the successful business they are today, building up an enviable reputation within the industry and are very proud and passionate about their products. Interior Design is also a major focus for them as a company and as such, they also supply fabrics, wallpaper, products for floors & walls, lighting and paint, and work on both residential and commercial projects.
Candidates are expected to have a natural flair and passion for designing and interior design and a background in furniture design is essential, particularly within 3D design.
Reporting directly to the Production & Technical Manager, the duties of the role are varied and as such, the successful candidates will be expected to have/be:
- The ability to take design briefs and sketches from Designers and convert them into working drawings, showing relevant details for construction. These drawings will then be presented to the customer. Some 3D visuals may be required
- Good Excel skills as you will be logging any appliances that you have included in the design on an Excel spreadsheet and informing the relevant department for costing
- Experience in adjusting CAD drawings to customers comments
- Able to convert CAD drawings into DXF files for templating purposes
- Exposure to adjusting CAD drawings to suit site dimensions
- A background in sizing up drawings for construction showing individual construction details as required
- Experience in researching materials that may be required to achieve the designers preferences; as such you will be expected to be fully aware of the materials used and their limitations
- Excellent communication skills as you will be constantly liaising with other members of the team regarding project progression and be able to answer questions for the Production Team and Fitters on any projects you have completed
- Degree qualified within design, although industry experience will also be considered
- Cabinet making experience; this will be viewed as highly desirable
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity please email Suzanne Mildinhall with an up-to-date copy of your CV
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please dont hesitate to get in touch with us
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!