My client, a family run business in Essex are looking for a Works Manager to join their busy team. They use natural, recycled and renewable products and have become the market leader in innovations for concrete and facing masonry blocks. This branch covers the London and south of the Thames areas.
The works manager position is an extrememly important role within this organisation. Experience is the key, rather than qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Management of the Quality System
3. Maintenance of all equipment, buildings and vehicles
4. Production planning and costing
5. Mix design maintenance and creation
6. Stock control
7. Ordering, pricing and control of raw material
8. Negotiating and ordering all equipment spares and consumables
9. Health and Safety for all employees to the Managing Directors policy
10. Welfare of all employees
11. Recruitment of personnel
12. Bonus and Wage calculations
13. Security at North London
14. Production and planning of all specials and lintels
Hold a current driving license
Have a strong work ethic with flexibility
Be experienced in leading Safety & Environment Tours
Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
Have a wealth of manufacturing experience.
Concrete / block / materials manufacturing experience would be highly beneficial however is not essential.
The works manager will report to the managing director on a day to day basis and work alongside the health & safety supervisor to ensure staff remain compliant in the factory/yard .
This is a full time position with excellent company benefits.
Please send cv's along with a covering email (agy)