for Governing Bodies 1 Registered Nurse per CCG
The formation of Clinical Commissioning Groups are the centre piece of an ambitious and exciting programme of change for the NHS designed to drive up the quality of the NHS through empowering patients and frontline clinicians to have a greater say in how local health services are designed and delivered. This role is for a registered nurse on the CCG Governing body and we want a person who can bring relevant experience, objectivity, and challenge as well as a passion for commissioning high quality health and care services for the people of Norfolk. If you have gained senior level expertise as a registered nurse, we offer an exceptional opportunity to put your talents to use by making a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
To be considered for this post you will need to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills, experience and competencies required by the organisations, including:
* Experience of working in a collective decision-making group, or high-level awareness of 'board-level' working;
* A track record in securing or supporting improvements for patients, customers, clients, or the wider public;
* Be able to provide independent and objective (advice) without conflict of interests. Not being an employee, member (including shareholder) or a partner in a provider of primary medical services or a provider with whom the CCG has made commissioning arrangements (unless the exceptions set out under the regulations apply.) Remuneration:
To be agreed with the successful applicant but will be either:
1. To the individual's employer at a rate commensurate with their salary or as needed for replacement costs; or
2. To the individual at a rate commensurate with the average rate for their profession and level of seniority.
In deciding this the CCG will take into account value for money in accordance with the guidance "Clinical Commissioning Group Governing Body members: role outlines, attributes and skills."
Time commitment: Two and a half days per month
For an informal discussion about the role at South Norfolk CCG, please contact Jocelyn Pike, Chief Operating Officer, South Norfolk CCG via 01603 257068 or click the 'apply via email' button For an informal discussion about the role at West Norfolk CCG, please contact Sue Crossman, Chief Officer, West Norfolk CCG via 01553 668666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To request an application pack for the role at South Norfolk CCG please contact Mrs H Prowse on 01603 257023 or email@example.com
To request an application pack for the role at West Norfolk CCG please contact Mrs Sarah Boxall on 01553 668745or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: midday 14 December 2012.