IT Services Manager
Band 8b £45,254 to £55,945 pa
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Ref: 234-12-C1014
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the IT Department for the position of IT Service Manager.
As post holder you will have professional responsibility for the operational
management and development of the Trust’s IT services including:
• provision of day to day network services, infrastructure and applications
• ensuring all security procedures and policies are implemented and monitored for compliance
• ensuring adequate disaster recovery procedures are in place
• policy formation relating to your own areas of the IT service
• substantial routine activities which include strategic decision making.
This is a senior role within the IT Department, with responsibility for managing diverse teams of technical staff, whilst liaising with external suppliers.
• Degree or equivalent specialist training to masters level or equivalent
• Recognised management and/or informatics qualification or equivalent
• Extensive experience in a similar position
• A background in configuration management, customer service would be beneficial, as would experience in Project Management
• Significant experience in leading and managing teams
• A background in the NHS would be beneficial, as would experience in hardware / software procurement
• Ability to demonstrate competence in key areas of management and leadership which include communication, staff direction and management, financial planning and control and quality management.
For further information please contact Ben Everitt, Head of IT on (01603) 645599.
Application form and job description are available by accessing the Trust website www.nnuh.nhs.uk/jobs/ or by telephoning the Recruitment Line
You will be contacted via e-mail if your application is successful, so please ensure you provide a valid e-mail address as we will contact you at all stages
of the selection process using this method.
Closing date: 9 November 2012.
Visit our website www.nnuh.nhs.uk/jobs/ for details of all our vacancies
The Trust has an Equality and Diversity Policy, flexible working and operates a Smoke Free Policy on all sites.