Based in Felixstowe
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an AutoCAD Technician in the Civil Engineering Department. Reporting to the Assistant Project Manager (AutoCAD), the main purpose of the role will be to provide assistance with project engineering and AutoCAD draughting support for engineers within the Civil Engineering Department.
Key objectives of the role include:
• Providing project engineering and draughting support for engineers within the Civil Engineering Department using the current version of AutoCAD;
• Producing meaningful and accurate technical drawings based on the individual’s interpretation of data from various sources e.g. oral instructions/explanations, sketches, reference to previous projects etc;
• Carrying out topographical surveys and site inspections as required.
Suitable applicants will have:
• Good knowledge of building and civil engineering to provide the necessary technical background to the preparation of Planning, Tender and Working drawings;
• Significant practical experience of the application of AutoCAD;
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project;
• Have a minimum of 2 A Levels, preferably within Maths and Science disciplines.
In addition, it is desirable for candidates to have:
• An HNC in Civil Engineering;
• Attained Engineering Technician status.
Shortlisting will be based on applicants meeting the requirements above. The selection process will involve psychometric assessment and a competency-based interview. Quality of application form will be taken into consideration.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday (37.5 hrs per week 0900hrs-1730hrs). This position offers membership of a contributory Occupational Pension Scheme, single private healthcare cover and 24 days’ holiday.
To apply, please complete an application form downloadable via the 'apply by website' button. Please then click on the ‘Job Description’ button below for an Application Pack including an application form. CVs will not be considered on their own. Completed application forms should be sent to HR Service Centre, Ashley House, Port of Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 3SY.
Vacancy Reference 8557.
Closing date for completed applications: 21st February 2013
Enquiries/application from Employment Agencies will not be accepted for this vacancy.