TEACHING AND SUPPORT STAFF OPPORTUNITIES
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
Norfolk County Council welcomes applicants irrespective of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We are committed to supporting flexible working practices for our employees.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Visit www.norfolk.gov.uk/schooljobs for all our current vacancies
Norwich Road School
Assistant Headteacher with Responsibility for EYFS & KS1
L2-6. April 2013
We’ve a missing piece in our jigsaw? Are you the one to complete us? As a large, urban primary school, (approx. 440 incl nursery) with a high proportion of children with EAL (approx. 45%) we are looking for a dynamic, knowledgeable, good or outstanding person, with expertise in EYFS and KS1 to help move our already improving school to the next level. A new Head was appointed in September 2011 and the school was given a Notice to Improve in November 2011. Ofsted said at our monitoring visit in May 2012: ‘…the school is making satisfactory progress in addressing the issues for improvement and in raising the pupils’ achievement.’
A substantive Deputy Head was appointed in September 2012 (a brand new post to the school) and our management team has recently been extended. If you are looking for a senior leadership post and you have good experience of leading and managing EYFS and KS1 and a whole school responsibility and you can demonstrate good progress; if you are passionate about making a difference to children’s lives and giving them the best start possible, you could be the jigsaw piece were looking for!
You will be responsible for:
• EYFS and KS1 and overseeing the good progress of children’s learning as well as their pastoral care in addition to transition to both KS1 and KS2.
• A whole school focus (ie: EAL, assessment, behaviour)
• Leading driving improvement and success across your age phases and throughout the school.
• Performance management.
• Managing your leadership and class teaching effectively (up to 80% teaching commitment initially)
• Contributing to the continued success of our school! Our school needs you to be:
• A good role model for both children and staff, with high standards for you and them.
• Someone who is prepared to take that extra step for our children, colleagues and our community.
• A caring and enthusiastic person who is passionate about enabling children and staff to achieve the best they possibly can.
• Open to new initiatives, flexible and a strong team player (we’re a good team here!)
We can offer you:
• A supportive and dedicated team, lovely and engaging children.
• Good career development.
• An opportunity to make a real and significant difference in a rapidly improving school.
• A parking space! (These are like gold dust!)
Visitors are welcomed and encouraged come and have a look our Ambassadors will show you around. Application forms are available online, please include a letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 clearly demonstrating how you would complete our jigsaw, to Jo Ryder, Norwich Road School, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 2HT or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by: Noon, 29 January 2013.
Shortlisting: 29 January 2013.
Interviews: 5 February 2013.
Sewell Park College
2 i/c English Faculty
MPS + TLR 2 (ii) £4225
Required for April 2013
For further information, please contact Amanda Wiggins, PA to the Principal, on 01603 411721 or email@example.com
Full details are also available at www.sewellpark.com Informal visits to the School by arrangement - are most welcome and encouraged but not part of the selection process.
Closing date: 31 January 2013.
Application forms for all posts can be downloaded