Login or Register
Please enter you user name and password
Jobs24 help and FAQs page
If you would like to start searching for a job on jobs24 please use the search feature on the jobs24 homepage. You can also click here to register with jobs24, or click here to register a CV with jobs24.
1. Log in and User information
- Why should I register?
- This the best way to get access to all the jobs24 features that make it easier for you to find the right job.
You will also have access to the MyJobs24 section: here you can store a CV for quick and easy applications, view jobs matching your CV, manage your job alerts and saved searches, set up email notifications of jobs suited to your CV and even upload your own video CV.
- What is my username when logging in?
- Your username is your email address. If you have registered previously with a specific username that was not your email address, you must continue to use this as your username when logging in.
- How do I register?
- Simply click on the top Register tab and follow the instructions to become registered within minutes, free to use our range of job-seeking tools and ready to apply for jobs quickly and easily.
- Why can’t I log in?
- If you are a registered user of jobs24 make sure you always use the full email address that you specified when you created the account and the correct password (passwords are case sensitive). If you have forgotten your password, click on the MyJobs24 tab and the forgotten password link and we’ll email it to you.
If you are receiving job alerts from jobs24 but cannot log in, it’s possible that your email address is set up for job alerts without actually being registered with a jobs24 account. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are registered and are still having problems.
- How do I delete my profile?
- If you are a registered user with a job alert or registered CV and receive emails from either of these services, we strongly recommend NOT deleting your profile but instead disabling your job alert/CV. This will ensure that in the future, if you choose to reactivate your job alert or CV, you can easily do so without needing to enter the information again.
If you wish to delete your jobs24 profile and remove your details from the site first log in, visit the MyJobs24 section, and click the right link marked ‘change your information’. Click on the ‘Delete profile’ link on the right of the page.
2. CV Upload and CV Match emails
- Why should I register my CV?
- Uploading your existing CV or using our step-by-step CV entry tool stores your CV with us so you can apply for jobs quickly and easily.
Registering your CV also enables you to use our CV Match service. This creates a list of jobs which have been automatically matched with your CV, makes you the first to know about new vacancies which fit your profile, and ensures you receive notifications of relevant jobs sent straight to your inbox.
Registering your CV will also put you in the shop window for employers so they can find you. When you register your CV you are storing relevant information about yourself in a format that a recruiter can search using the tools we provide them. This means that when recruiters search our database for jobseekers best matching their positions you could be offered a job that suits your skills and experience without even needing to look for it!
- How do I register my CV?
- There are three ways to register your CV with jobs24:
If you are uploading your CV it must be a MS Word (*.doc), MS Word 2007 (*.docx), Rich Text Format (*.rtf) or Acrobat (*.pdf) file and should be no larger than 200k. However, in order for your CV to be viewed by most recruiters, we do not recommend MS Word 2007 (*.docx) files. Please make sure your document is not password protected. When you originally create your document, click 'file', then 'save as', and select one of the above file types.
- You can upload your existing CV a Word, PDF, TXT or RTF document and let the automatic CV converter tool do its job by extracting all relevant information from your CV. Just register or log in with jobs24, click the ‘Upload CV’ tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions.
- You can also create your CV by logging in to jobs24 and using our step by step CV entry tool. Pease note that the CV converter tool is there to assist you in the CV registration process but you will always need to check the final version to ensure everything is just as you want it.
- Alternatively you can save time by simply importing your CV to jobs24 from your LinkedIn profile.
- How do I view and print my registered CV?
- View your registered CV by logging in, visiting the MyJobs24 section and selecting your CV listed on the left side of the page.
To print your CV select it from the MyJobs24 section, scroll to the bottom of the page and select to print it.
- How do I edit my CV?
- Log in to jobs24 and go to the MyJobs24 section. Click ‘My CVs’ on the left column and you will see your CV listed alongside an option to ‘edit’. Click ‘edit’ and enter your username. Once you have finished scroll to the bottom of the Edit CV page and click ‘Save and Match’. Your new information will now be saved.
We have a vast range of education types, skills and job titles in our database but we don’t have every single job title - if you can’t find the one you need, please select the one closest to it and inform email@example.com of the new job title that you would like us to include.
- Do I have to enter all the fields when creating my CV and obtain 100% completion?
- No but we strongly recommend completing your CV to 100% - the more complete your CV, the stronger our matching service and the more likely it will be that employers searching our database will find you. We need you to at least enter a CV heading, your desired job title, the location you want to work in and whether the job you are seeking is full-time, part-time etc. We use this data to produce a matching result of jobs tailored to your requirements.
- How will recruiters use my CV?
- Recruiters specify the type of candidate they are looking for using skills, work location etc and then search our database for people who match their requirements. Your contact details can only be seen by recruiters searching our CV database if you have made your CV available to recruiters/employers by clicking the show details tick boxes on your profile here (link to edit profile page). If you have not ticked these boxes, when recruiters find a match they will then send you an email (privately through the jobs24 system) asking you to reveal your contact details.
- When employers search the jobs24 database how much of my CV can they see?
- Your CV is stored in our candidate database and you have complete control over how it is used. If you have made your CV available to be searched, recruiters searching the database for specific skills will be able to see your experience details. All personal details (including name address, contact details and previous employers) will remain private unless you allow the recruiter to see your details or have already ticked the box allowing recruiter to see your contact details on your profile. If you have not ticked the reveal details tick box and your CV appears in an employer’s search, the employer will email you (privately through the jobs24 system) asking you to release your contact details.
- Why can’t I upload my CV?
- There are a couple of reasons why users have had difficulties in the past uploading their CVs to jobs24. Please check your CV is in the correct format with no images and the correct extension (your CV must be a MS Word (*.doc), MS Word 2007 (*.docx), Rich Text Format (*.rtf) or Acrobat (*.pdf) file and should be no larger than 200k). Please make sure your document is not password protected. It's also possible that there's a problem with your web browser- make sure you've tried deleting your history and cache memory, and that the browser itself is up to date.
- Why isn’t my converted CV the same as my original CV?
- While we try to ensure that the CV upload conversion process is as accurate as possible, it does occasionally produce unexpected results due to difficulties translating the formatting of the CV or job titles/qualifications not being present on our database. We are always trying to improve the conversion process to cope with these issues, but we do recommend checking for such issues following conversion.
CVs can be modified manually via the MyJobs24 section of our website – simply go to the ‘My CVs’ section located on the left hand side of the page, click the title of your CV and modify the details manually so they are correct. Note that it may be necessary to remove any incorrectly converted positions or qualifications completely and then re-add manually with the correct details. We have a vast range of education types, skills and job titles in our database but we don’t have every single job title - if you can’t find the one you need, please select the one closest to it and inform firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conversion process is necessary due to the nature of our CV matching service – CVs are standardised so that employers can look through jobseekers’ details as quickly and easily as possible in order to determine the most suitable candidates. Additionally, it also helps us prioritise the most suitable job matches for our jobseekers by ranking them in order or relevance.
Please note that a CV Match profile is not required to browse jobs24 and apply for jobs – when applying by email, you can upload your own CV by clicking ‘Attach Document’ button in the application window.
- If l upload a CV, what will be sent to an employer when I apply?
- If you are logged in to jobs24 and apply for a job using ‘Apply via Email’, then your ‘CV Match’ CV is sent as a default. You can view this CV in the MyJobs24 section. If you also want to send your own personal CV then please attach this using the ‘Attach Document’ button.
- Can I send my CV directly to jobs24 to apply?
- Jobs24 is not an employment agency in the traditional sense and does not directly accept CVs or job applications by post or email. Jobs24 enables you to search for relevant jobs, apply for vacancies and allows recruiters to search for your skills via our CV database (if you have enabled this option clickable link to Edit Profile section). When you complete an application online, you are contacting the recruiter directly, in a format that they can accept and process easily. If you would like to apply to a vacancy advertised on jobs24 please follow the application instructions provided on the jobs24 listing page for that specific post.
- What is a CV Match list?
- A CV Match list is a list of jobs that have been automatically matched with your CV and found highly relevant to your combination of requirements and background. Each job on the list is ranked out of 1000 points where 1000 points would be the perfect match score. CV Match is free of charge to jobseekers.
Simply enter your CV profile and then sit back while CV Match does the work for you.- you will be able to view an instant list of matched jobs to look through and can receive further CV Match notifications by email when a new job matches your profile.
Your Match list is available at any time by logging into the MyJobs24 section and clicking the left link marked ‘My CVs'.
- Where do I see my CV Match results?
- Either view your CV match list directly on the site by logging into the MyJobs24 section and selecting the left link marked ‘My CVs', or let our CV Match emails send the latest jobs suited to your CV straight to your inbox.
- How do I disable my CV/disable CV Match emails?
- If you would like to stop receiving CV Match emails, you can ‘deactivate’ your CV by logging in and navigating to the MyJobs24 section and clicking the left ‘My CVs’ link. The setting ‘Email’ indicates whether you will receive Match emails – untick this and you will no longer receive Match emails. We strongly recommend disabling your CV instead of deleting your CV so you always can return and reactivate your CV if you want to continue your active job hunt.
- Why am I receiving CV Match emails for the whole country rather than where I live?
- Often users receive CV match emails of jobs out their location because the location listed for their CV match is ‘United Kingdom’. To refine this information with a more specific location please log in to your jobs24 account and head to the MyJobs24 section. Go to the ‘My CVs’ section located on the left hand side of the page, select your CV from the left-hand column and modify your location details as required.
Please note that it may be necessary to remove the incorrectly converted position or qualification completely and then re-add manually with the correct details.
- Why do my CV Match alerts sometimes contain job titles I haven’t specified?
- Our system matches you with job vacancies based upon the CV you have uploaded to our site. If the matching system believes that another job may be suitable given the range of qualifications, skills and desired jobs on your CV, then these jobs will be included in the email too.
If you are interested solely in positions matching a specific job title, it may be more suitable to use a job alert rather than the using CV Match (click here to learn about how to set up a job alert).
3. Searching for jobs
- How does the jobs24 search engine work?
- Jobs24 uses an advanced ‘free text’ search function based on relevance similar to that which is used by Google. This means the most relevant jobs will always be found at the top of the search results. e.g. if you search for ’Sales Manager’, the most relevant ’Sales Manager’ jobs will appear at the top of the list and jobs with associated job titles such as ‘Key Account Manager’, will also be included in the search results. Please note that when doing a search in Keywords field for ‘Sales Manager’ jobs24 will also look for the words ‘sales and ‘manager’ in the job title and vacancy itself and put those lower priority vacancies at the end of your search results. If you want to look for a specific phrase only then put it in quote eg 'Sales Manager'.
- How do I search for jobs?
- We have a simple search using keywords and locations to make it easy for you to find the right vacancies. Visit our homepage, enter your keywords (e.g. sales manager, nurse etc) and the location where you would like to work (e.g. Norwich, Exeter etc). Relevant jobs will then appear on the search results page.
- How do I use the keyword and location boxes to search?
- If you know exactly which type of job you are looking for, use our free text search on the home page. Enter your job title, a keyword or a location that you want the search to look for. If you enter more than one word e.g. ‘Sales manager’, the search will only look for jobs where both words occur giving you the best possible search result (this is not recommended as many employers use different job titles for the same role – we recommend using the location and category filters to find the right vacancies for you).
- How do I make my search more accurate so I only view relevant jobs on the search result page?
If you have made a free text search on, for example, ‘Sales manager’, you will receive all relevant jobs that match this search regardless of where the jobs are located or whether they are full-time, part-time, trainee etc.
We recommend using the search filters - see the image to the right - after using the free text search to get the best result for your search (these appear in the left hand side of the page whenever you have performed a search). This will ensure that the search overall displays only the relevant jobs to you e.g. only the ones in the locations you want to work in, within the right industries or the right employment type (full-time, part-time, etc.) The most popular search filters are Category and County so you can easily find all Sales jobs in Suffolk or all Admin jobs in Hertfordshire.
If you are a user that frequently visits our site, we recommend that you save the search as a job alert:
We will then keep you informed next time relevant jobs appear on our site so you don’t have to log in and check every time.
- How do I select multiple filters and locations?
- As well as searching within both Category AND Location, you can also select multiple categories (e.g. Sales AND Marketing) and multiple locations (e.g. Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex). You can expand the search by using our ’Choose multiple…’ option found on the search results page.
Please note that filters are only displayed if there are jobs within that area in your search results (the best way to make sure you have ALL jobs in your search results is to leave the keyword and location fields blank and just click the Search button, then filter jobs from there).
Filters are also displayed to show the most popular options first and not alphabetically.
- Why does your search field box automatically complete what I’m writing?
- When you start typing a keyword or location into the boxes on the home page, the search will often recognise what you are searching for and suggest completing the search for you:
This helps to perform the search quicker and reduces the risk of spelling mistakes. Please note that even though a specific job title is suggested by our search, it does not necessarily mean that jobs with this job title are on our site at the moment.
- How do I see only new jobs?
- At the top of the search results page, you can change the sort order from ‘Relevance’ to ‘Newest’ which will list the newest jobs first.
- How do I search for jobs within a specific radius?
- Should you wish to search for vacancies within a specific radius around your postcode, this can be achieved by visiting the jobs24 homepage and clicking ‘search’ (without entering any keywords or location details). In the navigation bar on the left hand side, expand the option of ‘Search from location’, enter your postcode and select the appropriate search radius from the drop down menu.
This will search around your postcode to the specified radius – you can use the other options in the left hand navigation bar to filter your results further.
4. Applying for jobs
- What happens after applying?
- When applying via email, you will receive an email from jobs24.co.uk confirming that your application has been sent. If you don't receive a confirmation email after applying you should check your email address details are entered correctly on your registration page. If you are still unsure please check your spam filters on your email provider as they may be set to screen out unknown email addresses.
- Why haven't I had a response to my application?
- When you apply for a job advertised on jobs24.co.uk, you are effectively emailing the advertiser and your application is sent on to them immediately via email. Jobs24 does encourage our advertisers to respond to all applications, but unfortunately this does not always happen. As jobs24.co.uk is not an employment agency, we do not advertise positions directly, keep record of each user’s application or take part in the selection process. As such, if you would like to check the progress of your application, please contact the recruiter directly using the contact methods provided via the site.
- I just want to apply online, do I have to register?
- We strongly recommend that you register for jobs24 because there are many benefits that only registered users get to ensure they are the first to find out about relevant vacancies as well as enabling you to upload your CV so that recruiters can easily find you when they are looking for people with your skills. However, you do not have to be registered to apply.
- Can you give me more information on a vacancy, such as salary?
- Jobs24 is the recruitment site of the Archant regional media group, and as such advertises vacancies on behalf of those companies and agencies that choose to advertise with us both online and in our range of local newspapers. We do not hold further details of specific vacancies other than those shown on our site, nor do we advertise positions directly- for this reason we unfortunately cannot offer any further details of a position aside from those specified in the recruiters’ advert. To find out further details for a vacancy, please contact the recruiter directly.
- I want to apply for a job but it has expired. Can I apply anyway?
- Unfortunately, once a job has expired from being listed on our site, we are unable to assist further regarding the position. As such we would not be able to manually send your CV or application to employers.
- Can I send my application directly to jobs24?
- Jobs24 is not an employment agency in the traditional sense and does not directly accept CVs or job applications by post or email. Jobs24 enables you to carry out job searches, apply for vacancies via the application instructions provided for each post, and allows recruiters to match you to their positions (via CV Match). When you complete an application online, you are contacting the recruiter directly, in a format that they can accept and process easily. If you would like to apply to a vacancy advertised on jobs24 please follow the application instructions provided on the jobs24 listing page for that specific post.
5. Job Alerts/Jobs by email
- What is the difference between job alerts and CV Match emails?
A CV Match list is a list of jobs that have been specially selected as they most closely match the skills, job titles and background on the CV you have uploaded to jobs24. A CV Match email is a regular email update of this list of vacancies, enabling you to instantly view the latest jobs matching your profile. The matching system can match a vacancy to your CV based on all criteria specified within a CV, including qualifications, skills and desired jobs.
A job alert email is a list of jobs sent to your inbox notifying you of the latest vacancies which match the job search criteria you had used when you created the job alert. These emails are created by performing a search on jobs24 using the search fields and filters provided and are the best tool provided for instant updates of jobs matching specific criteria such as job title, location, job type, salary, etc.
If you would like to receive notifications of vacancies matching specific search criteria rather than matching your personal CV, a jobs24 job alert will be the most appropriate service. But CV Match emails are still the most effective way to find relevant roles.
- How do I set up a job alert?
- Perform a job search via the free text search fields on the homepage.
- Specify your search further via the filters in the left hand side on the search results page.
- On the top right of the screen, name your job alert in the field provided, enter your email address (if you are not logged in as a user) and click ‘Save job alert’.
- Your job alert has now been created and you will receive an email containing new jobs matching your search (this is sent at night and only if there are new relevant jobs that match your search).
- Can I create a job alert without being a registered user?
- We strongly recommend that you register for jobs24 because there are many benefits that only registered users get to ensure they are the first to find out about relevant vacancies as well as enabling you to upload your CV so that recruiters can easily find you when they are looking for people with your skills. However, we do not require that you first register before setting up a job alert. Even if you do not have a profile with us, you can still get access to delete a job alert at a later stage if you wish.
- Can I have more than one job alert?
- Yes, you can have as many as you like. Remember to give your alerts different names so you can distinguish them from each other.
- I keep receiving job alerts but every time I try to log in it doesn’t recognise my username/password
- If you are receiving job alerts from jobs24 but cannot log in it is possible that your email address is set up for job alerts without actually being registered with a jobs24 account. If you are having difficulties but are unsure if you have a registered jobs24 account, please email us at email@example.com.
- Why aren’t my job alert emails sending jobs which are specific enough?
- If you are receiving vacancies in your job alert emails that do not match your requirements then the initial saved search (upon which the job alert is based) was not specific enough.
To ensure your job alert emails are as relevant as possible please use the filters to the left side of the search results page to specify your exact criteria (again I think we need a screenshot of the filters). You will probably find it easier to delete your current job alert before setting up a new job alert. One of the many benefits of registering with jobs24 is that you can easily manage your job alerts by visiting the MyJobs24 section and clicking on the ‘My Alerts’ link. You can then edit or delete the job alerts as appropriate
- Where is my job alert saved to?
- Your job alert is saved to the MyJobs24 section and under the ‘My alerts’ link.
To access this area, you need to register. Even if you initially registered your job alert before being a registered user, we will still be able to associate any previous job alerts to your registered account.
- How do I delete my job alert?
- If you are a registered user of jobs24, you can manage and delete your job alert emails at any time by visiting the MyJobs24 section, clicking on the ‘My Alerts’ link and then click to Edit () or Delete () as appropriate. If you are NOT a registered user and would like to delete your job alert, please delete the job alert directly by using the appropriate link in the job alert email.
6. Technical questions
- How do I stop receiving emails from jobs24.co.uk?
- If you are a registered user of jobs24.co.uk you can unsubscribe from job alert emails by logging into the MyJobs24 section, clicking on the ’My CVs' and 'My alerts’ links and following the instructions. You can also disable your CV Match emails by visiting the MyJobs24 section and clicking the ‘My CVs’ link. If you are having difficulties managing your job alert or CV Match emails, or would like to remove your job alerts but are not a registered user, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is your policy on cookies/privacy?
- Why can’t I view a job on the site?
- There are a few reasons why our users sometimes have difficulty viewing our vacancies.
It is possible that it’s a problem with your web browser. Please ensure that your browser is as up to date as possible, either by using the update function that may be built in to your browser or by downloading and installing the latest version. If you have more than one browser installed on your computer, then try using a different one in order to access the site. Ensure you have cleared your browser’s cache memory and history folders to ensure that corrupted files are not causing any issues – the method of doing this varies dependant on web browser, so please consult with the help function of the browser to determine how to do this should you not be sure.
It is also worth trying to view the email link/job on another computer if none of the above helps, especially if on a public computer/library PC.
If you are still having difficulties viewing a job on jobs24 please email email@example.com.
If you are having difficulties with jobs24 please read these frequently asked questions where we have listed answers to the most common queries. If you can’t find the answer to your question here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible within office hours.